After your Physicians Office schedules your surgery, a nurse from our facility will contact you regarding your medical history. The nurse will request the names and dosage of medications that you take. The nurse will also give you instructions on Pre-Operative testing that will need to be done no later than 2 days before your surgery.
- If you are a diabetic, do not take any pills or insulin the morning of the procedure. If your surgery is scheduled for later in the day, we will give further instruction. Bring your insulin with you.
- Do not use lotions, gels, cologne, perfume or powders the morning of your surgery.
- Remove all nail polish before day of surgery.
- Leave all jewelry at home, including rings, earrings, necklaces, etc..
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- The nurse will instruct you on which if any medications you can take the day of surgery.
- Do not take aspirin, aspirin products, fish oil, vitamin E, Motrin, ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve, or any herbal supplements for 7 days before surgery, unless otherwise instructed by your doctor. Talk to your doctor if you take Coumadin, Plavix, or other blood thinners.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages or take recreational drugs 48 hours prior to surgery.
- You must have a driver. If your driver leaves the building they will need to leave their name and number with the receptionist.
- Make sure you bring your drivers license and insurance cards with you.
- Make sure you have your imaging disc to bring with you. The physician will want to see it before surgery.