Congratulations! You’ve made it through surgery, and now you’re ready to begin your recovery at home.
- Patients often experience minor after effects following anesthesia, including drowsiness, muscle aches, sore throat, occasional dizziness, headaches, or nausea. These side effects will diminish one or two days following surgery.
- Patients often feel sore following your surgery. This is normal.
- If you had a fusion, patients often have drainage from the incision site that can last for a week or two. This is normal as well.
- If you begin to run a fever or have redness around the incision site please call your surgeons office right away! It’s important that we know immediately if there are any problems so we can address them quickly before they become serious issues.
- A Registered Nurse will call you the following day to check on your progress.
- We would love to have your feedback on your experience with us.